....... A Journey through this life ... desiring to be filled with Grace, Mercy and Prayer.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Peacefulness

Do you ever have a picture in your mind of how you think things should go? I often have a picture in my mind of peacefulness, quiet, order and restfulness.

We were reading our story for homeschool yesterday and I showed them a picture in the book of one of the characters. Two of my children proclaimed that it was not what they had imagined!

Life is somewhat like that. We imagine it to be one way and sometimes it is not. Slowly, ever so slowly, I am learning to take one day at a time. The pictures in my mind so often change that it is better not to expect what the next one may look like.

Robert Gallon ~ A Village Scene
As I learn to trust the One who holds each day, I find that the reality ... instead of the imagined picture... is much better than I could have dreamed! Why does it take me so long to figure that out?

One of my most favorite songs is one that I love to sing to remind myself of Who holds each day. I pray it would be a blessing to you today as well.

~ Anna



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun. Comments are neat. Especially when they're oh so sweet! I thank you very much for leaving one!