....... A Journey through this life ... desiring to be filled with Grace, Mercy and Prayer.

Monday, May 21, 2012

A Planner by Heart - Part 1

God has made me a planner. I like to think ahead ... to organize what's coming up next ... I even see this personality type in some of my children. Several years ago, back before children, you would have said I was the Martha type!

Several factors contribute to the fact that I am not so much of a planner now. Oh, don't get me wrong! I still LIKE to plan, but it just doesn't come as first nature to me anymore.

First, my husband is not a planner. We struggled in our early years of marriage as I tried to make him conform, but I finely learned that it's just best if I change myself. Learning to be a little more flexible has been tremendous for our family life! It is also helping my daughters, who like to have a plan, learn a different way of doing things ... and know that it's going to be ok!

Secondly, my children took part of my brain! Ok, maybe not really, but it sure feels that way sometimes! I would love to say that I am as organized as I was when I worked as a secretary ... when everything in our house had a place ... when I could focus on several tasks at one time. This is not the case now ... but some of my children could do it! AND ... my focus has changed. Would it be better for me to have a sparkly clean house, everything in its place, with sparkly clean children sitting down doing there next thing on the list? I am slowly learning to put some things aside and focus on the time at hand. The time that my children need me to be there for them. The other, I hope, will come back... in due time.

Thirdly ... and the last, is that we move too much. Oh how I would love to have my own garden. I would love to plant strawberries and asparagus and know that I will still be there in three years to see the gorgeous fruits of my labor! I would love to know that my children's children may have the special places that there mom's and dad's had as they were growing up. This just hasn't been meant to be. Could I focus on this and try to change it? Should I put my foot down and tell my husband ... or God, that I won't move again? I think that would only make me more miserable. Ask me how I know! God's ways are not our ways! Again, I'm slowly learning to go with God's ways .... they are sooo much better!

Over the years, I have adapted the "planning personality" in me to take care of that particular need that I have. Tomorrow, I will post on the specifics of how I've done that in practical, easy ways.

Until Then ... God's Richest Blessings to your Day!

Anna


This post is linked to Raising Arrows

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun. Comments are neat. Especially when they're oh so sweet! I thank you very much for leaving one!